Reply by Myler Disability Jun 15

We've had the opportunity to discuss this review with this former client and we're saddened to see her so upset and frustrated. While we would like to help all of our clients obtain disability benefits, the reality is that not everyone will win their disability claim. Because we only get paid a fee if a case is approved, we work diligently to find a way for our clients to be successful. We don't get paid if the case is denied, so our motivation is obviously to try and help out client succeed.

Here, this client was able to work with three of our attorneys and several of our staff. Each of the attorneys was extremely familiar with her case and the medical records her file contained. While her first hearing was postponed, it was because the judge hadn't provided the psychological expert scheduled to testify a complete copy of the psychological records. When her rescheduled hearing finally occurred, all of her medical records were a part of her exhibit file and available to both the judge and the psychological expert.

Ultimately this case was denied for reasons that cannot be discussed in an online forum. We understand that this client is upset because of being denied, but it was not due to missing medical records or our office not zealously representing her. We also understand her frustration regarding her eligibility for SSI. Originally she was denied for excess household assets and resources. Some time over the last year her financial situation has changed and we would encourage her to start a new SSI application at this time. If she has further concerns regarding this, she is welcome to give our office a call.

As always, we would encourage any of our clients with questions or concerns to contact us directly and allow us the opportunity to help provide answers and find resolutions. We can be reached at 1-800-652-9626.
Author's

Myler was a HUGE disappointment to me for several reasons.I was never given an opportunity to meet with my lawyer until the DAY OF my hearing.

He didn't really know what was in my file, as he had skimmed through it just that morning. Some of my records were missing, even though I had informed them of dr. appointments. Some of these records were crucial to my case, and the hearing had to be postponed (6 months!!) The person who was working on my case (NOT an attorney) was continuously changed so no one ever got to know MY case.

In October, at my original hearing it was determined that my application would also include an application for SSI. I don't believe that was ever done. I've been in the dark most of the process, and unable to get answers. My case was ultimately denied.

My doctors information was disregarded as part of the case. At this point I am trying to find out if an SSI application was done, as they told me it would be, and now they won't even talk to me so I can find out what the history of this application is!! So frustrating. They said they would do things that they didn't, but were continually requesting duplicate records from doctors at $30 dollars each.

I now owe them over $300 for those records (that were disregarded at the trial), I'm on the phone with Social Security now. They report that the SSI application was not done as part of the disability claim, so all that time is water under the bridge. Myler will not talk with me, even though they have records that would indicate that an SSI application was supposed to be part of my disability hearing. It was even discussed at the hearing, so why no application?

Who knows. I can only attribute it to them being so busy with other things that it wasn't attended to. My advice to you if you want to hire an attorney for your disability case?

Run from Mylar as quickly as you can.Sincerely, Wendy

Review about: Ssd And Ssi Legal Service.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Did not follow through / $20000
Preferred solution Do what they were supposed to do in the first place and take care of my SSI application

Had an Experience with Myler Disability?