Customer Service Sucks

Update by user Sep 21, 2018

This issue has been resolved and i agree with their last statement.

Original review posted by user Aug 21, 2018

I wrote a review over a month ago or so. I got a call from a guy who tried to tell me they dropped my case because I dont have a SSA Claim.

After him looking he realized I do have a claim pending and said he would have to look into it and get back to me and I have yet to hear back from him.

At this point I would not recommend them to anyone because they dont appear to know what they are doing. I will reprecent myself and keep my money in my pocket than to give them one cent.

Myler Disability Reply:
We have been working with this client to figure out what happened with her SSDI claim. We appreciate her patience during this process. As of today, she has asked that we begin representing her again, which we are more than happy to do. We look forward to continuing to work with her.

Negative Reviews here!

It’s been taking along time with SSI , 2 years to be exact. Mylar has done everything thus far that an attorney would do .

I have my hearing date and Mylar has and still continues to request records, HOWEVER, I also keep them updated. If there weren’t any wins then how are they still in business ?!

Only problem I’m not really liking , is no contact with my assigned attorney.

They never gave up even though there were many bumps in the road ( due to unforeseen incedents)

Wish me luck , for Hearing coming this Sept in Ma. Like

Myler Disability Reply:
We appreciate your comments and for allowing us to represent you in your pursuit of benefits through Social Security. Now that your hearing is assigned, we have assigned one of our attorneys to your case. She will be getting in contact with you as we get closer to the hearing. If you have questions or concerns, please give us a call and we'll be happy to address any of these with you. We again thank you for allowing us to help you through this disability process.

Withdraw without any notification

Update by user Aug 21, 2018

I did dusclose to your offive when I got married. It's not my fault your staff didn't do there job and report it to Social Security.

Don't put the blame on me. I hired your office to handle my claim and you all dropped the ball. I have never received any other calls from you but 2 messages which I returned the call. You are the one that said you had to look into my pending case and would call me back.

YOU HAVE NOT CALLED ME BACK SO DON'T LIE. Do your job!! Every case you have on here you say the person doesn't call back.

Well maybe you have to call them back so they know to call you. This company is a joke.

Update by user Aug 21, 2018

This is a total lie. I received two calls which I returned the call.

He saud he would have to get back to me because he realized I do have a pending case and I have NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN.

What he wrote is a flat out lie. He's never called me back again.

Original review posted by user Jul 22, 2018

I hired Myler Disability in May of 2012 to fight my disability claim. I filled out all the paperwork and they filed it for me.

I've been fighting for it and am still fighting to win my case. This company withdrew from my case in January 2018 without even notifing me. I recieved a letter in March of 2018, from Social Security stating that Myler had withdrawn from my case wanting to know if I had hired another attorney to handle my case. Mind you, I am in the middle of my 2nd appeal.

They were late getting my paperwork in so we had to start all over which caused me to loose out on over 2 years of wages. I left a message with Myler to call me back regarding there withdraw and I have yet to get a response from them. They tell you they have an office in Arizona, but yet everything is done in Utah. There attorney travels from different states to handle your court appearances.

It would have been nice if they would have contacted me to let me know that they were withdrawing from my case instead of hearing it from Social Security, the ones i'm fighting against. I am very disappointed with there services and there lack of communication. It takes them day's to return phones to answer a simple question.

I am left fighting my case on my own now. I wouldn't recommend them unless you want to be left in the dark fighting by yourself.

A very disatified client.

Myler Disability Reply:
I have spoken with this client recently and we have been able to resolve what was going on with her case. She has asked us to represent her again and we look forward to helping her with her claim for disability benefits.

We have been attempting to get ahold of this former client ever since she posted this review and she has not returned our calls. We withdrew from her case in January 2018 due to eligibility issues with her SSI claim. We became aware of additional household assets and resources she had not informed us about earlier. This is information she should have shared with Social Security, as it makes her ineligible for SSI benefits. When we withdrew, we notified her in writing. The letter we sent was dated January 10, 2018 and was sent both to her and to Social Security. We are more than happy to discuss this matter with her further, but she needs to return our calls for this to be possible. Her complaints about lack of communication appear to be due to her either not having reliable phone service or never answering or returning our calls. Either way, we're happy to answer any questions she has. She can call us at 1-800-652-9626.
Myler Disability Social Security Disability Legal Service

I want to know my court date

I need to be on ssi my joint pains are getting worse and i keep getting hospitalized over and over again what should i do

Myler Disability Reply:
We're sorry to hear you're struggling with your health. We will have someone contact you soon. We hope that we'll be able to help you in your pursuit for disability benefits.

Sad Case

I did not like them or they work they are very lazy .Three months before I want

court the lawyer quit I was glad .I went to court by myself and won my case . They never return my calls or email glad I did it on my own .Why go with someone who knows nothing about you or your case .Glad its over thanks for quit on me .

I did all the work any way so on yea I get to keep all of my back pay. Again thank you because everything in my paperwork was not but the truth so that's why I did not care about get other laywer

Myler Disability Reply:
It appears that this review is not from a client that Myler Disability has ever represented. There is no one by her name in our database and the phone number provided with this review is not in service. If this is from someone we've represented, we would encourage her/him to contact us to discuss this further. We have successfully represented tens of thousands of clients over the years and we are very good at what we do. If we withdrew from this case "three months" before the hearing, as this review alleges, it would have only been because either (1) we had lost contact with the client, or (2) we had identified evidence in the file that strongly suggested fraud and were unsuccessful in convincing the client to withdraw her/his claim. As the author of this review did not provide a legitimate name or phone number, I'm unable to verify any of this. Again, we would encourage the author of this review to give us a call.
Myler Disability Legal Service

I need help

I got cut off my benefits

Myler Disability Reply:
We're sorry to hear about this. It appears that you spoke with our staff a few months ago regarding this and we would encourage you to give us a call if you still have questions.
ID

Traumatized, panicking, confused, and fired me before court

I have been disabled in MAJOR different forms, I suffer terribly from social disorder and brain injury from an accident they claim is not valid because I have no recollection of what hospital I was treated at. I've had three open heart surgeries, two strokes, congestive heart failure, seizures, emphysema, cirrhosis of the liver and cardiac arrhythmia.

I such have extreme PTSD that I very rarely ever leave my room, and It got to a point that when every time Myler Disability would call asking questions about specific dates, previous employment, constantly sending me confusing and multiples of previously sent documents that had to be completely filled out. I was CONSTANTLY trying to explain to them I have no recollection of certain information regarding my past as well as recent blocks of time! It got to where I would burst out crying and trembling uncontrollably, couldn't breathe and was made to feel not only embarrassed, humiliated, but also stupid! They offered no assistance for people like me, or even bit of sensitivity.

Unable to recall every detail in my life, they actually insinuated I was lying. I was informed that one of my multiple hospital stays would be excluded from the case because of this. I had even made arrangements with Myler Disability to have my fiance able to be called as well as speak on my behalf to assist with my limitations. I received a call from the Social security disability informing me of my first court date and they carefully explained the appointment.

Then asked if I would had legal representation, representing myself, or did I need to find new representation

new?

I was then told Myler Disability had fired me and wouldn't be at court, BUT would still be FULLY paid for full service. I wasn't even notified by Myler Disability of this crucial information, I called them to see if they would please reconsider, I had retained their service in 2012 and for five long years of trust and was assured dependability, and help.

Myler Disability Reply:
We're sorry to hear about the psychological difficulties this former client is facing. We withdrew from this case only because we lost contact with her. After trying for many, many months to re-establish contact, we were left with no other option than to withdraw. If she still has a case pending before Social Security, she's welcome to give us a call and we'd be happy to try and help her again. In regards to any embarrassment or humiliation she may have felt, we definitely don't like the sound of that. We realize that some of our clients have mental deficiencies which prevent them from remembering critical information. We try to handle scenarios like this with dignity and respect, while doing what we can to help gather the information which Social Security demands be submitted. It can be a difficult balancing act, though, because Social Security can issue sanctions against attorneys and bring fraud charges against claimants who withhold evidence. We would encourage this nice lady to give us a call if she would still like help. We can be reached at 1-800-652-9626.
Myler Disability Social Security Disability Legal Service
Cons
  • Service
Damaged or defective
Loss

They are not what they say they are , nor do what the say they will do.

Hopefully you will not be drawn to them. Too many case managers telling you different things, and not following through what they said they would do.

I think they mean well, but then again I don't think they do. I would highly recommend not to get them. Like I said, they don't follow through what they say they will do. I had at least 3 case managers, and the last one said he would get my last doctor reports.

I happened to call today because my case is in 2 days, and they didn't have them because that case manager quit. They did not notify me that I needed more, I called them because I wanted to make sure my case was ready for the hearing.

I left two messages to my lawyer to call me back; she didn't until Myler Disability notified her. I think they are sketchy.

Myler Disability Reply:
We are aware of the difficulties this client is experiencing and the stress she is under. Her hearing was yesterday and she recently experienced the death of a close family member so was unable to appear at her hearing in person. Fortunately, the judge allowed her to appear by phone and things were able to proceed like normal. All of her medical records were submitted, as her attorney has explained to her in great detail. Now we are waiting on the judge to issue a decision, which usually takes several months. We will continue to keep this client informed on the status of her case and would encourage her to call us with any questions.
Myler Disability Customer Care
Cons
  • What they would tell you they would do
Bad quality

Worst Council Ever!

Absolutely the Worst place to use for council.My attorney stated, at my hearing, that all the records were not there for the judge, but that it was okay, the judge would keep the case open to receive the documents at a later time. Then I find out from his secretary that was a lie.

After my hearing, my attorney looked me right in my face and said we would appeal if the decision wasn't favorable...well it was unfavorable so Myler sends me a letter stating they were not going to represent me anymore. There was nothing else they could do for me. I've never heard of anything like it in my life! Also, during the time we were waiting on my hearing, I emailed the secretary over and ober to verify if records were receieved and was assured multiple times they were.

I have email proof. The lawyer was a liar!

Myler Disability Reply:
Unfortunately, Social Security is not going to approved benefits for every person that applies for disability benefits. Here, this individual's claim was denied and we can understand why she would be upset by this. However, her allegations that her attorney lied to her are not true. His decision not to appeal her case was based on contradictions between the medical records from her doctors and her testimony. More detail of what these contradictions are cannot be discussed on a public forum such as this, but if the client would like more detail, we're happy to discuss this with her again if she'll give us a call.
Myler Disability Attorney

Lost my email

Need to talk to person

Myler Disability Reply:
We'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Give us a call at 1-800-652-9626.

HORRIBLE!

ADVERTISES NO OUT OF POCKET COST. UNLESS THEY LOSE YOUR CASE!!

3 years of waiting 3 denials. I WAS FINALLY able to see a judge, the unprepared attorney that i spoke to 15minutes before the hearing lost my case. He wasn't able to give answers to ANY of the questions asked AND when asked if he had any comments he said no!! After my denial I was sent a bill for almost $600.00!!

STAY AWAY!!

They caused more problems.. Now I get to start all over..

Myler Disability Reply:
I have personally reviewed this case and have attempted to talk to this disgruntled client. I understand that she is upset after receiving an unfavorable decision from the judge. However, I believe her frustration and anger are improperly being aimed at those who are trying to help her. Her attorney did an excellent job at her hearing. He was very familiar with her case and did all he could to try and convince the judge to approve benefits. However, the judge ultimately decided that this client was still capable of some types of work and denied disability benefits. We have attempted several times to talk to this client about the judge's decision, but each time she becomes very upset and begins yelling at our staff and eventually hangs up her phone. While we are very willing to help advise her on what her next options include, we do ask that she stop yelling when she talks to us. It is unfortunate that her case was denied, but it wasn't denied for lack of preparation on our part, or on hers. Rather, the judge simply didn't believe her. There are productive, professional ways to handle this and when this client is ready to talk, we encourage her to give us a call back.
Myler Disability Attorney

Not good!

I saw the judge in May 2017, no word except the excuse of back logged! I could have gotten my medical records and waited by myself and not have had to pay anyone!

Apparently they are at the mercy of Social Security, so they can't help you with anything. I am not a mean vindictive person. I can not drive now due to my conditions, HOME BOUND. I have been in the process for 3 years!

This definitely hasn't helped me! Oh, and by the way in order to post this I have to agree to their Terms, won't let me read them!

Myler Disability Reply:
We definitely share this client's frustrations! It is absolutely ridiculous that it is taking Social Security so long to issue a decision on her case. We have been calling SSA to get regular updates on the status and it appears that the decision has finally been written and is back on the judge's desk, presumably awaiting signature. I was able to have a nice conversation this morning with this client and I shared with her this most recent status update. We also discussed how it is disheartening to have things take so long. I understand that it's easy for our clients to lash out at us when they're frustrated, but Myler Disability is not the Federal Government. We have no way of making the judge issue a decision faster, just like we have no way of making Congress allocate additional funding to Social Security or making the President deactivate his Twitter account. I would encourage this client, and any other client with similar concerns regarding the extreme slowness with which the Social Security Administration operates, to remember that we are on a team, both fighting the same slow, inefficient Federal bureaucracy. We will continue to keep this client apprised of any development that happens with her case. We sincerely hope that our long wait for her decision is almost over.
Myler Disability Legal Service
Bad quality

In answered calls

Myles Disability did get me approved and I thank them for that the only problem is it takes an act of god to get them on the phone all you get is an answering machine I can leave messages for days and no one will call you back. What kink of business operates like this.

Myler Disability Reply:
I have had the opportunity to visit with this client and have listened closely to the concerns he has voiced. Since his case was approved, he has had a hard time getting ahold of his case worker. Currently we're waiting for Social Security to release the funds, so we're stuck in a waiting game until that happens. However, even though there's not much we can do at this time expect wait, we still want our clients to know that we're here for them. We take seriously our responsibility of zealous client representation and we strive to provide quality customer service, even after the case is approved. We greatly appreciate this gentleman's feedback and will do all we can to use this to help better train our staff and provide a quality experience for our clients.
Myler Disability Customer Care
Poor customer service

The reviews are scaring me

Upon reading some of the reviews, I'm a little nervous about having Myler represent me on my disability claim. I stay on top of communication about my illnesses, diagnosis', doctor appointments, tests, therapy, etc., but am on the *** of losing my home that I have worked very hard for as a single mom raising two children on my own.

I am having to sell the automobile that I dearly love and step down to a beater to have cash to keep from losing my home, as there is no help in Virginia if you own your own home. My credit cards are maxed out from having to pay my mortgage and auto payments for the last year and a half, the payments are due on them, and I have no way to pay them. I feel as if I am going to be forced to file bankruptcy as well.

And just two years ago, I was a thriving loan officer at a bank, making a decent living. Feeling scared, hopeless, and afraid of losing everything I have, waiting for something I worked for...for more than 30 years.

Myler Disability Reply:
We appreciate the comments from this client. She is feeling, as she stated, "scared, hopeless and afraid" because of how long this process with Social Security takes and what could happen if her case is not approved. Many of our clients are facing similar difficulties and wonder what will happen if their case is denied. These clients, through no fault of their own, are now unable to work and pursue their dreams. We are honored to help our clients during these difficult times. While we usually can't make Social Security work faster and can never guarantee the outcome of a case, we do all we can to help our client succeed. It's a long, difficult process, but it's something we've been successful at many, many times. If you have specific questions or concerns about your case, give us a call at 1-800-652-9626.
Myler Disability Social Security Disability Attorney
Pros
  • Easy to hire
  • Website
Reason of review
Scared of amount of time passed and losing everything I have
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Worthless

They will drag your case out. I cancelled my disability case and Several months later after numerous phone calls from this company after I cancelled they supposedly kept working now I’m waiting on my bill I didn’t know I owed. {{Redacted}}!

Myler Disability Reply:
We're saddened to see unfounded accusations and want to try working out concerns with each of our clients. Here, we have attempted to reach out to this former client and have been unable to get him to return our calls. However, it appears that his allegations are fabricated, as we only represented him for a short time before he asked us to withdraw. While he claims that we have "billed" him, this is untrue. We represent individuals on a contingency fee basis, so if his case isn't approved, Myler Disability won't be paid for any of the work we did during the few months we represented him. If he has further concerns, he's welcome to call us at 1-800-652-9626.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy