Myler Disability is a SCAM***Beware***

I am 26 and I suffer from BiPoler One disorder. When I was a child, I was on disability. I have been going to therapy since I was 13. When I reached the age of 17 I took myself off of disability to try and work, you know, like normal people. I never was able to keep a job for longer than 3 months.

Two years ago I started to try and get back on disabiliby. No one can say I didnt tried to work. I hired Myler Disability to be my lawers. After many different changes to the staff, having to explan it all again to each one, and two denials later, I went to court. The lawyer I was assigned never called me intill the day before. Then he rushed me off the phone.

I Live in a small area and this lawyer drove from Atlanta to be in court with me. He held the whole court system up for 3 hours till he was ready. Then he called me back to this little room to make me sign some stuff. He rushed me and wouldn't give me time to read them. I did try to read one but he took it from me when I was half way through the page, not even saying anything to me. This is when his attuted started to show. The judge got pissed off and took it out on me and my lawyer sumitted all the wrong evidence causing me to look like I shouldn't even be in court that day, but out looking for a job instead.

After coming home,I remenbered what I read before It was jerked out of my hand, It said I had to pay them even if I lost and if I changed lawyers I would still have to pay them if I won or lost. The contract is worded in away where you cant understand it and thats how they get you. I am waiting on my decion right now, but I know what the judge would do when I left the court room and thats to throw out my claim. The lawyer was rude and as we were walking out of the court room, he turned to the judge and said "not every one would be as nice as you." making it look like I was doing the rude talking. I couldn't even get a word in the whole time because the judge was pissed off from the lawyer.

Do not hire myler disability. Its the worst thing I have ever done.

More Review Details

Helpful? 209 Yes 209 577 No 577
Had the same issue 165 Yes 165
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 29 #1027091

I have no complaints with them they got the benefits for my son and very professional if that's all the way.

Aug 20 #1022283

Wow I almost had the same experience, a different lawyer showed up late and didn't know my casecase and I lost.

Jul 16 #1008163

I used Myler attorneys, after two years they expected me to pay for all medical records as SSI only makes one attempt and if not received with in 30 days they close that Dr out. I had over 3000 pages, my cost would have over 900.00 dollars , they filed court date for November 20 months after I applied and their lawyer never showed up in Knoxville Tn. I went in front of judge and lost, I moved to fl and got an attorney here, it's been two months and this new lawyer has all my records and has already scheduled me for their drs, .Myler is a scam....if he gets the notion your back pay is not gonna pay enough he will discharge you as his Clint.

Jun 18 #996769 Bellevue, Washington

I went thru them and they sent one of their people to me and i did a video conference with a judge and they approved me right away. My representatives from myler were great to me

Jun 04 #991537

I'm going thru Myler disabilities and I've got denied 3 times went in front of judge with a lawyer to which I noticed he didn't speak on behalf jus sat their thru the whole thing and my hearing got denied n now I'm appealing again n still with Myler but now my case is in review somewhere in Virginia n I won't hear nothing till January thru April of next year n my last court hearing was July of 2014 I'm really getting discouraged n have no income.....I might jus have to suffer n find work n hope it won't go against my claim

May 29 #989289

Just as an FYI, Social Security would never accept or approve a fee agreement between a claimant and an attorney that says the attorney gets paid if they lose. It is not permitted, period.

Apr 30 #978346

Im also going through Myler for my claim, so far so good, I have been switched around as to who Im dealing with, but they have been on point. It would seem my case is open and shut, Im not trying to see 2-3 Appeals.

0 1 Reply
fannie

Mar 25 #963220 Washington, District Of Columbia

I am dealing with Myer Disability now and so all they've do is send me a bunch of papers to get filled out by me or doctors I'm confused on a lot of things they tell me my son has been denied already 2times and I just don't understand stand why son is deaf in both ears but one is significant than the other I'm scared that I will get denied again and I haven't talked to anyone about the case very frustrating I have a court cas coming but don't want the lawyer to come to me at the last minute trying to get things together confused clients

Mar 18 #960146

They are bottom feeders preying on the weak. Yes let the buyer beware, but common decency should prevail.

Mar 18 #960141

We have a similar problem with them. My daughter is disabled and they did nothing but want money. Someone should take action on these s.o.b's.

arkeffaber

Jan 29 #938349 Greenfield, Indiana

I worked with them and I am also bipolar and they got my benefits for me with no problem. They kept me informed when we went before the judge they had everything they were suppose to and even after I got approved they gave me a caseworker to make sure my benefits started coming to me right away. Would recommend them happily!

Marie

Jan 28 #937681 Berwick, Pennsylvania

I am dealing with them now and I see no problems so far. They don't get paid unless I get paid

Ambra

Jan 04 #925547 Austin, Texas

I think myler is great, I havnt won yet but so far so good. They always get back to me in a timely manner.

kitty fish

Dec 12, 2014 #914876

I just called myler disability and after reading this. I am super glad they told me they couldn't help me!!!

patch

Dec 03, 2014 #910371

Not a Scam at all. I hired Myler in July, I was approved last week. I have had my face to face with the SSI people and I should be a month or two away from receiving my benefits. Myler did exactly what they said they would do.

5 1 Reply
misty

Nov 24, 2014 #905458

Me and several people I recommend to use them all won our cases . They don't just just mental issues or just learning issue there has to be more wrong for them to even take a case. I won't case just after 8 months several others I recommend to use them also won within 3 to 8 mo.. I love them they are great people

4 0 Reply
Jason

Nov 11, 2014 #898765 Vancouver, Washington

I had an entirely different experience with Myler Disability. The attorney was competent, knowledgeable and although I was not able to spend a lot of time with him prior to the hearing, he knew both my medical records and the law. He made several arguments that the judge listened to and in fact point to places in my medical record that the judge had missed. I won my case I feel that the attorney did an excellent job.

4 0 Reply
SHERRIE

Oct 17, 2014 #885852 Alabama, United States

I HAD THE SAME PROMBLEM THEY BEEN WORKING ON MY CASE FOR 3 YEARS I HAVE DIABETES ,ARTHRITIS REALL BAD IN MY KNESS LEGS AND BACK SOMETIMES I CANT GET OUT THE BED AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND SEVERAL OTHER HEALTH ISSUES I GOT HEARING IN APRIL ALL OF SUDDEN THEY TELL ME THEY DROPPING ME AND DIDNT TELL ME WHY THEY NEVR ANSWER YOUR CALL YOU NEVER TALK TO THE SAME PERSON I HAVE CALLED THE BETTER BUSSINESS BUREAU I WILL TELL ANYBODY DONT USE MYLER DISABILITY

1 2 Reply
Annie

Sep 24, 2014 #874714

Same here !! They are the worst thing that has happened to me !!! Totally destroyed me and my case !!! I am still trying to get it straightened out !!

2 2 Reply
Jf

Sep 16, 2014 #871011 Duluth, Minnesota

Im going to my video confrence hearing today, Myler dis has kept me upto date on everything asking me questions and explaining when i dont understand they have kept on top of everything for me as of now upto date i am pleased with the services inhave received

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 237 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.